Chapter 1 – Action Heroes: Protectors and Warriors
Men communicate through action, not words. A wise woman will appreciate this and will have acquired the skill to interpret his action-language and not expect him to become proficient in her verbal- language. “She understands me,” is a phrase he uses when he tries to explain why he loves her.
Also, topics discussed in this chapter and illustrated by case studies are:
- Men don’t talk, they do. Men express their emotions and intentions through actions.
- The art of listening. Men need to hear that they are being appreciated.
- Don’t help a man – he is an action hero. To women it is sociable to help, to men it is a sign
- of weakness. Helping an supporting have different meanings to men and women.
- Never ask “why”. It is a vote of no confidence.
- Women pre-navigate dialogue.
- Men catch balls, not hints.
- What happens when you touch a man.
- Heated arguments are futile
- How men respond to catfights
- The Male apology
- Fighting his battles
- Heroes never kick the bunny.